It was a day of unfortunate events, that turned into a pretty good day!
We started by taking a train to Windsor Castle.
It was a great idea and plan! .... the castle was closed.
It was closed because the Queen was there with Prince William and Kate! Even though it was bummer that we couldn't go in it is still pretty cool.
The castle was amazing and HUGE! The castle from yesterday seemed tiny compared to this one.
Police men and camera crews were everywhere and we couldn't go in so we explored the town around the castle and it was great.
We found a little ancient church so we went inside and looked around. It was as beautiful as ever and it even had a painting of the last supper from around 1600!
We think this chair is where the Queen sits when she is town... neat huh!?
We found an "Ancient Well" as well!
We got some delicious fudge and ate it on the train back.
By this time the train made me sleepy and I needed real food but we had to get on a bus and it was a LONG ride so this picture is what Bri says describes the situation perfectly.
By this time the train made me sleepy and I needed real food but we had to get on a bus and it was a LONG ride so this picture is what Bri says describes the situation perfectly.
We went on a bus to Camden Market to get some Fish n' Chips and scarves, wallets, and trinkets of all sorts, but it had changed drastically from how Bri knew it last year so it was really difficult to find our way around it. We eventually got everything we needed and got out of there as quickly as possible. It was a bit crazy in that market.
We ate our Fish n' Chips on the Tube and some lady got really disgusted with us... it was only a little humorous.
We went to the Inns of Court - the law center - just to look at the outside of it and it was magnificent! Ginormous! I really like archictecture apparently.
We then went to the National Gallery at Trafalgar Square!!
Turner is my absolute favorite but we also saw Monet, Renoir, Rubens, Van Gogh, etc.....
It was really awesome and I'm so glad we went.
After that we went to Buckingham Palace. Another huge enormous beautiful building. Seeing all of these buildings full of so much history makes me a little sad that America is so new that these types of things just don't exist there.
We ate dinner at Bella Italia and had our last supper before going to India. A salad, bruschetta, and pizza! Delicious! I know I am going to crave pizza for the next three weeks so that is what we decided to have. Good bye pasta, cheese, ice water, lettuce. I will miss you.
After dinner we went to the grocery store to stock up on some candy for both India and good old USA.
Now it is bed time and I have to pack to get ready to leave tomorrow. I do not want to travel tomorrow at all but I know the experience on the other side will be great. I hope I am strong enough to do all I need to do. I miss home and my comfort zone, but I am so grateful for the opportunities I have to get outside my own little box and experience new things and new places.
Pray for me!
Quote from the UK to help me along my journey: "Keep Calm and Carry On!"
It was really awesome and I'm so glad we went.
After that we went to Buckingham Palace. Another huge enormous beautiful building. Seeing all of these buildings full of so much history makes me a little sad that America is so new that these types of things just don't exist there.
We ate dinner at Bella Italia and had our last supper before going to India. A salad, bruschetta, and pizza! Delicious! I know I am going to crave pizza for the next three weeks so that is what we decided to have. Good bye pasta, cheese, ice water, lettuce. I will miss you.
After dinner we went to the grocery store to stock up on some candy for both India and good old USA.
Now it is bed time and I have to pack to get ready to leave tomorrow. I do not want to travel tomorrow at all but I know the experience on the other side will be great. I hope I am strong enough to do all I need to do. I miss home and my comfort zone, but I am so grateful for the opportunities I have to get outside my own little box and experience new things and new places.
Pray for me!
Quote from the UK to help me along my journey: "Keep Calm and Carry On!"
Commenting!!!!!! WOW too much fun! Makes me want to go there, except I would not have a great guide like you! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox mom
ReplyDeleteBE CAREFUL!
SCARVES!!!! HORRAY!!!!
ReplyDelete