Sunday, June 10, 2012

Rising Star: Day 12: Church/Eyes

Today was not a very pleasant experience.  My eyes have been pretty irritated for a few days, but today they went berserk on me.

They are breight red and very painful.  They are pouring out tears and are very sensitive to light.  After closing my eyes the entire sacrament meeting I put my contacts into Marissa's empty medicine bottle with some tap water.

Normally I would have taken them and thrown them away in such dire circumstances, but being in India, I don't have many contacts at my disposal and I couldn't remember how many extra contacts I had brought, so saving them at the time was necessary - until I got home and found I had another two contacts with me.



I then sat through the next two hours without being able to open my eyes.  I probably looked like a crazy person and I felt ridiculous, but I was in some serious pain.  For the rest of the day I laid down with my eyes closed.  By nighttime they were a little better, but not by much.

Perhaps it's just me, but I have always feared not being able to see.  I think it may be something that only those that need glasses or contacts will ever understand because when you don't have contacts in or glasses nearby and you can't see it is not only frustrating, it can be a bit frightening.  I faced my fear today and I did not enjoy the experience.

I wish my day had gone a little better so that I could have enjoyed church but I can open my eyes a bit now so all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment